Week 2

The second week started with quantifiers, which had been the most scary word that I had been introduced my university course work till then. But, gradually, as the class progressed, I got better understanding about the concept. Its visualization with Venn diagrams and the inter-conversion between quantifiers and sets was useful.

The most interesting, rather conceptual, part of the lecture was implications. I had an idea of converse and contrapositive earlier, so that wasn't something new I learnt. But, the different forms in which a simple implication was shaped was very new. And then, 'If the moon is made up of cheese, I'll be staring as the next Iron Man'. And, that's True! (Thanks to Vacuous Truth).

This week also had the first tutorial. It went smooth, and the quiz was easy. It surely helped to clear out some misunderstandings I had about few of the concepts about quantifiers. Overall, I felt better about the course curriculum.


No comments:

Post a Comment