Week 7


Proofs...And some more Proofs.


The lecture started with covering some more intense forms of solving a proof. Till now, the basic structuring of the proofs were pretty much understood by me, and I was trying to compile some more information for how to write the main content of the proof. We were taught proofs by cases. This was a fairly intuitive method to look at complex proofs. We did few examples on it, followed by proof based on uniqueness.

Later, we revised all the proof patterns and introduction rules. It made me realize that it's only practice that would help me out to harden my concepts of writing a thorough proof. Before shifting on to the algorithmic portion of the lecture, we had a small fun session over the Fermat theorem.

I liked the animations based on the different sorts. In this lecture we covered bubble and merge sort. This paved to the idea of run-time, which me as a CS student have always pondered upon. Overall, the session was really interesting, and something different from what we had been doing in the past few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment